Position title: Kitchen Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations and House Managers
Applicant will support the mission of COELS to support Indigenous Brothers and Sisters leaving federal institutions and those dislocated from society, to reintegrate into Community by providing respectful wholistic services and culturally safe spaces.
Circle of Eagles Lodge Society (COELS) is seeking a qualified Kitchen Manager to supervise daily food operations and assist COELS Management, Anderson Lodge Healing Centre for Women and Naa-Na-Himyis Brothers Healing Lodge teams to develop and support strong inter-house food systems planning and delivery.
Kitchen Manager responsibilities include supervising the food prep and cooking, maintaining a fully-stocked kitchen inventory and complying with safety and cleanliness standards. To be successful in this role, you should be able to manage our staff through mentorship and guidance to set up an effective system in the kitchen to better serve our organization and community.
- Manage kitchen staff and coordinate food orders
- Supervise food prep and cooking
- Check food plating and temperature
- Establish portion sizes
- Work in collaboration with the House Manager(s) and Food Planning Team for menus
- Order food supplies and kitchen equipment, as needed
- Train staff on prep work and food plating techniques
- Store food products in compliance with safety practices (e.g. in refrigerators)
- Keep weekly and monthly cost reports
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area
- Develop overall food systems for COELS Lodges
- Proven work experience as a Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manager or Head Chef
- Hands-on experience with planning menus and ordering ingredients
- Knowledge of a wide range of recipes
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Conflict management abilities
- Ability to be part of a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends
- Certification from a culinary school or degree in Restaurant Management is a plus
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality guidelines of all records, materials and communications concerning the operations of the Circle of Eagles Lodge Society and CSC.
- Knowledge of local culture, traditions and history would be an asset or a willingness to learn the cultural practices of local cultures.
- Must be living a healthy and positive lifestyle.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule.
- A valid Class 5 driver license would be an asset.
- Criminal Records check and Enhanced Security Clearance.
Wage Range: per funding agreement.
Type of Position: Fixed Term Employment Contract – Begins December- Ends March 31, 2021 – this position is subject to funding renewal.
Please send resume and cover letter to Attn:
Merv Thomas, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Barb Ellis, Director of Operations, at email@example.com by November 20 or until filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.